Monday, October 19, 2009

What a WEEK!!

It has been a very eventful week this last week. Saturday I made a cake for my mom's 51st birthday. We went to celebrate with Mom and the extended family in N KY. Not only did I amke a cake, I also made enough lasagna for 20 people along with garlic bread! It was a wonderful time to spend with great family!

Then all hell broke lose on Wednesday morning. D wasn't feeling well at all, which was very unusual for him! I thought it could have been the flu, told him to stay home and see how he felt... then he was telling me some more symptoms... then I started to worry. We made our way to the ER...low and behold it was an acute appendicitis. He wasn't having the tell tale symptoms so I wasn't overly worried. And apperantly neither were the doctors, he didn't go into surgery until 8 pm... a whole 12 hours after we walked into the ER! A lot of sitting around that day! His surgery went very smoothly, thank goodness. He was released on Thursday around noon. So we spent as much time waiting for him to have surgery than for him to recover and be released:) We spent the next 4 days sitting around. Thankfully he is feeling so much better now!

Saturday night was a ton of fun! R had sleepover again. She had the usual friends over along with a new addition. So 4 girls under 1 roof equals very loud night!! They all got along great! They all seemed to have a great time carving pumkins and eating cookies! Then came bed time...we have 2 beds that they could have slept in, but no... one girl, R still slept on the floor!!! Silly Kids!

So through all the craziness, we still managed to maintain our sanity. Now lets just hope that when I have my surgery, things go just as smooth!

No comments: